Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 3 Garden Update

A mixture of lettuce and radishes in a tote bucket.  Still covering it with chicken wire because the squirrels are just plain weird!

More yellow brandywine tomatoes from my container pots.  They took awhile to produce this summer, but they are probably the best tomato I have grown and eaten, so I am saving the seeds from this one for next year!

Some more tomatoes yet to ripen.  They should have a few more weeks yet this season.

Red Marconi Pepper looking a bit disfigured.  The whole lot was this way so I don't think I will be saving these seeds. 

Last to the dollar store bucket bush beans this year.  Was fun and delicious!

Sweet Banana Peppers....tried to save some seeds from these, but the seeds turned brown which I thought indicated that the pepper was not yet ripe, so I will wait longer to pick to save the seeds because this is a great eating pepper!

A good looking pepper...think it is a chocolate sweet pepper.

Peppers did well this year in containers.  They did wait awhile to produce as did the tomatoes, think it has to do with the crazy weather!

Radishes in a pot....we will see what happens here...

Some lettuce that got a late start...again we will see what happens.

Last cucumber in garden waiting to get to the point to pick for the seeds.  This cucumber was from a couple plant volunteers from my bush bean garden and gave me plenty of "free" food this season!




No comments:

Post a Comment