Thursday, June 6, 2013

Garden Fertilizer Experiment


Garden Experiment 2013


My bush bean garden experiment this year is to treat different parts of my garden with different fertilizers and see what happens.  There are so many different variables in gardening that nothing is done in a perfect controlled environment, so this experiment is really just for fun.  So let's see what happens as the summer goes on.


Splitting my garden in thirds....


The left third of my garden plants were treated with my organic compost.  I placed a couple large handfuls of compost from my compost pile around the base of each plant.  

Garden was watered before and after the placement of all fertilizers.

The middle third of the garden was treated with organic granular vegetable food 
around the base of each  plant.  


 
Fish Fertilizer applied to right third of garden according to directions on package.

No comments:

Post a Comment