Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!

The Good
The Bad
and the Ugly!



















Still harvesting vegetables from my organic garden this year.  Pretty good considering the horrendous heat and torrential downpours we have had here in New Jersey.  A horrible summer growing season.  But my little vegetable garden with its wonderful compost has pulled through with an abundant bean harvest, eggplants galore, and more cucumbers than you can shake a stick at!  Well, that's the Good!....now for the Bad and Ugly............

Due to July 2012 being officially the hottest July on record, my tomatoes have decided that they have just had enough.  The skins on most of my tomatoes have split open or have scars from cracking and healing.  I will not eat these because it is my motto "better to be safe than sorry" when it comes to eating food grown outside.   My container tomatoes as you can see from the picture have decided they will concede defeat and are on their way to veggie heaven I think.  I thank them for their abundant harvest as they prepare to sacrifice themselves to be part of next years harvest in my wonderful compost heap!

No comments:

Post a Comment